Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I know its been a few months since I've been here, but financial issues tend to rise up, so our internet fund go to a more needed area.

I hope everyone had a good Valentines Day!!! We did!! The kids and I through a small V-Day party with cupcakes, candy and punch!! I showed them that it was much more fun to make homemade V-Day cards instead of the store-bought ones, and after an hour or more and a table covered in glitter and glue they very much agreed!! I planned on many activities, but since they had so much fun making V-Day cards, we only accomplished a few. School today was pretty much out, but I did fit in Math!! We used those boxes of conversation hearts to make a graph of the colors, and patterns, and Crazy Man had fun separating the colors! Yay me!!! (and them!!)We also made a butterfly out of hearts. I found this craft at http://www.dltk-holidays.com/valentines/index.htm. It was quick and simple and the kids loved it!! I had planned on Valentine Bingo and a paper weave heart project, oh well maybe tomorrow.

So what, if anything do you do with your homeschool kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment