Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our Kindergarten Week

So this week we are doing letter's "S" and "T". We will be doing our normal writing practices and worksheets from beginningreading.com Last week I let Diva Queen make a collage of the two letters we were doing by cutting pictures out of magazines and pasting them on a piece of construction paper. The paper had a line down the middle to separate it for a space for both letters. She loved it!, so we will be doing this again this week.

Our weekly reader this week is "Family Fun" from Hubbard's Cupboard. Our sight word is "can", which the story works with. We just started sight words last week, and I can't believe how well Diva Queen is doing! Last week we did "we" and "will". Even with a weekend away from home, Monday morning she remembered both words by sight, and could spell them!!! I was sooo proud of her!!

We are also starting rhyming words this week. We just started those today, and she's not quite understanding them yet. She wants them to have the same first letter Lol, but it's only the first day.

For Math, we are still practicing counting objects and writing the correct number, 1-20. We've been doing this for several weeks now, and she's still having trouble with them, but she is getting very tired of the repetition so I have decided to introduce her to simple addition. So far she likes it!! It's something new, so I don't know how long the enthusiasm will last. We used mini pom poms for counters, and tomorrow I plan on using M&Ms!!

We are also doing a lot of Halloween songs, finger play, and crafts. I plan on trying our first lapbook with all we find. I am excited!! I have done a lot research on lapbooks, and the concept seems very fun and helpful. I've been kind of reluctant to try one though, because they seem a little overwhelming trying to find all the contents for on, so I thought doing a simple Halloween one would be a good start. When it is done, I will pictures and links to the mini books.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing with me, glad to be here.
    I'm here from the Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower, please follow me back. We have a Swimmin by Sunday Blog hop going please link up if you'd like.
    http://www.nontypicalmom.com/

    ReplyDelete